Since we've been having a challenging time with Mia the past couple days (I think it's finally hit our little 2 year-old that we've moved for reals. She will not sleep in her bed and is currently sleeping on the floor for her nap. Poor girl!), I've decided to post a few of the cute things she is doing and saying these days to remind me how great she is.
**This picture was taken at my sister Liz's house with the infamous Elvis phone (thanks to Matthew & Leslie!) Mia loved pushing the button and dancing away, so maybe my love for Elvis is carrying on. She loves to dance, so I like to turn on some iTunes favs (Hawaiian Roller Coaster being #1) and jamming with her. She is quite good and it is so much fun for us.
**She loves her sister, a little too much some times. Mia is so great at talking in a sweet, high-pitched voice to Isabel especially in the morning. Mia likes to say (as I do) "Good morning, good morning, Is-bel!" She tries to share everything including her food with Isabel and we are still trying to teach her that Isabel only eats "Mommy's milk." (and by everything I mean everything, including the hot dog-shaped rock.)
**Speaking of rocks, she loves our backyard/patio. She is out there all the time and especially loves the little rock garden and bringing us rocks in different shapes (see above:)) She also likes to line up the rocks all over the patio and report about the ants and buggies. (Also found out she is interested in snails as she brought one into Mike & Amy's house the other day. Yuck!)
**Some funny things she says--"Be back" when she is going to get something. "Where'd it go?" with her little hands in the air. She then searches under everything for whatever is missing, but it is funny because she looks at each place really quickly and runs from place to place. Upon seeing my new hair cut (it is super short...will post picture later), she was a little surprised. She later looked at me and then told Isabel, "Mommy new hair. Cute mommy!"
So, although she is a 2 year-old to the max and testing our patience all the time, WE LOVE HER and I could not imagine life without her (was there a time without her?:) I think she is amazing and I hope you do too.
4 comments:
mia is amazing and absolutely adorable.
equally amazing is the fact that you STILL have that elvis phone!!!
sweet. ;) can't wait to see your hair!
my favorite is her telling Isabel your hair is cute!
ah, the elvis phone!!! I forgot about him. and the heart attacks it gave ys when it would ring & jailhouse rock would start.
How cute is she! They are so fun to have around and I love to see them grow up and try and new things. She will get used to the new place soon! Thanks for sharing all of her cuteness!
I love the picture too!
What a cutie! Motherhood/parenthood is definitely the most challenging job on earth! Try to 'choose your battles' and enjoy as much as possible--- it goes by sooo... fast- and one day it will be hard to keep them home... Harrison is so social I hardly see him--- thanks to the new basketball hoop it keeps him close. I will send pics later. Love you, Katie
Post a Comment