14 March 2007

Here you go...

Ryan, Isabel and I after the blessing. Our camera was being silly, so I had Becky take some of Isabel. I'll post those when I get them.

Are you ready for this? The long overdue update? I am sure you don't really care, but I want to get it all down for my selfish reasons:)

Friday--We met Ryan and the movers at the storage unit and picked up the stuff there. We led the way to our new house and started watching the unloading. Movers are the best!! Mia, Isabel and I hit In'N'Out for lunch and then played in our backyard while Ryan directed the guys. They left and we got the kitchen all done that night. Ryan's mom came over and picked up some dinner for us. Mia slept great in her new room and got a special prize in the morning--a new monkey shirt (Small Paul) and new, pink Crocs. Mike & Amy came over to see the house and brought Golden Spoon yogurt (yum!)

Saturday--We went to Mimi's for breakfast and then to Mike & Amy's (Ryan's brother) to see Becky and Blake and kids (Ryan's sister). We headed home for more unpacking and then to lunch with everyone before we took naps. Again, Mia did great in her bed. What a relief! We did more unpacking and setting things up and then went to Mike & Amy's again for dinner. Later, Mike, Amy, Becky, and Blake came over to check out the place.

Sunday--We got up super early to get ready to be at church at 9am. Yes, we had a million people there and took up 3+ rows. People were totally laughing at us:), but that what happens when you live close to family. And it was great. Ryan did an amazing job and the blessing was really special. Isabel was up, but didn't cry at all. Ryan was set to speak and I was asked to give my testimony. Except they started late and had a returned missionary speak...for 40 minutes!!! So we had NO time left when it was my turn. I went super fast and then poor Ryan just did his testimony, but it was great. We took pictures during Sunday School then I met with my RS pres for one last meeting. During the 3rd hour, Ryan was released. We felt really great about the day and although very sad to leave, felt real closure. We headed home for more naps and unpacking then back to Mike & Amy's for dinner with all the Phelps and my parents. Then my parents came to see the place for the first time (but not the last:).

Monday--Ryan started his job and did not get come til after 730pm (I know, Kathy, I should be grateful!!) But he had a great day and already felt part of the team. The girls and I worked on the house and then my mom came over to help too. We took naps first and then did a bit of work. Oh and my dad came over for lunch which was fun. Then he came back with dinner:)

Tuesday--My mom came over early and went with us to LA for Isabel's 2 month appointment. She is huge, 14 pounds, 24 inches. 95th% for height and 95+ for weight. But she is doing well otherwise. We went to Liz's for lunch and then home to almost finish the unpacking (1 more box and it is all my clothes, so I am responsible. It will probably not get done for awhile.) I was super exhausted and grouchy by the time Ryan got home (615ish) and there is still not a lot of food in the house, so we went out. Then home to tidy up and sleep. Isabel was a little sad and off, but ended up sleeping really well last night (down at 1045pm, up at 345am and 630am).

So today I need to go to the store and Target, but I am trying to be lazy for a bit. I've been overstressed and it is taking it's toll. I need a break, but I've got to get some things (like food) for the house. We are loving it here especially because it really feels like our own house (we only share 1 wall and never hear anything!!)--we have our own mailbox and trash cans, not to mention my love of the garage (even though it is stacked high with empty boxes!)


4 comments:

Kathy said...

We're so glad to hear you guys are moved in! Your house sounds great!

go boo boo said...

I can't wait to see the house and back yard! A few months...

Jess said...

Go for you guys! I think I am tired reading all of that. I hate moving and seriously never want to do it. I'm glad that you are loving your place though. That is awesome.

Love the picture and you look amazing my friend! (love the dress!!)

Mandy said...

Sounds like you are settling in! I hate moving. Bleh.