I was never tagged, but since it's been a slow week full of barf and ants, I thought I'd tackle this one for fun. Ps--The barfing has stopped. And the ants are going down! Thanks for all the tips. I am trying several out right now and will let you know.Where did you meet your husband?
We met during our high school years via good friends and church stuff. We can't recall exactly when, but somewhere around when I was 16 and he was 15. We flirted lots, danced at Stake Dances, and he even asked me out once (for the record, I remember it, he doesn't. But I couldn't go the day he wanted to, so he was supposed to call back to re-schedule...).
Where was your first date?
For the record again, we were both geeky-recently returned missionaries. We went to the Salt Lake temple, to see "The Testaments" and to lunch at the Garden Room in the Joseph Smith building (where, funny enough, we later had our wedding reception!)
Where was your first kiss?
Our first "peck" on the check was on the people-mover at the Salt Lake airport while we were picking up Nicole and Whitney after Thanksgiving. Our first real kiss was down the street from my apartment while we drove him to hise car (in Nicole's car...it was really cold and she had a reserved spot. Parking was a nightmare at our place!)
Did you have a long or short courtship/engagement?
Short for both. Our first date was November 21, we were engaged December 19 (with ring and permission from my Dad, so it was in the works for a couple weeks...), and we were married April 28.
Where did you get engaged?
Belmont #218, my apartment. We were exchanging our Christmas gifts before he headed home. I didn't think it was going to happen until we went to California in January to meet his mom, but he, with the help of the gemologist we were working with, got me off the trail and I was surprised when he dropped to his knee. We were both crying and he said some amazing things (I can't remember too much). We jumped in the car and drove to FarmTown to show off the ring and announce our engagement (which was also the same night my sister, Annette announced her pregnancy with H)
Where did you get married?
The Bountiful Utah temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It was super windy while we were taking our pictures so my veil kept flying up, but it made for some laughs.
How did your reception go?
It was a lot of fun. The family pictures were a bit frustrating because some people were kind of grouchy about it. The flowers were wrong, but my sister Megan fixed it before I saw it. One thing I would change is the food arrangement. We had two rooms, but put the food in the big one. I wish it was in the littler room so we had more space...but I loved the dancing!
How was your honeymoon?
Great. We were poor and were supposed to stay the Inn at Temple Square for 2 nights. During our reception, my siblings (and Merritt & Greg--our neighbors now) surprised us with their gift--a condo in Park City for 3 nights and 4 days (we had to be back for work and school). It was so relaxing and fun.
3 comments:
You have been officially tagged. Your name is on the list. Now that the air is better and I don't have any excuses lets ride again on Wednesday. At least twice a month. :)
You 2 are so cute together! I totally remember your windy wedding. It was perfect though! You looked so beautiful.
I love your cute little family.
Very fun to here your story. Love the picture.
Post a Comment