I am so sick of ants. Seriously, they are all over. Today, all over my desk. For no good reason. I cleaned like crazy Monday (enough so that I cancelled my housecleaning today). And they are also all over our master bathroom. Again, like there is any good reason to be there other than to see my scary-nakedness.
So help. What do I do? Raid is great, but no so much for the kids or me. I tried the cornmeal thing in the garage by our washer/dryer, but I don't think it has helped. Please comment and tell me what you do/have done.
Hey, it wasn't even about puke! (Even though she is still puking...today it was all over the couch, rug, etc in the family room. More laundry and steam-cleaning. For fun.)
8 comments:
How about those ant discs you can get at home depot and you can hide them behind things? I am sorry- I hate ants! We don't get them here inside much- but if I don't clean up the pool area after we have a party... it 's bad!
Sorry about the puke... that is the worst...
my mom always got some sort of ant killing sand stuff that she would put in a line all around the perimeter of our house. i have no idea what it is called, but it definitely worked.
I'm with katie - those little ant house killer things. I never knew about the sand - sounds cool. good luck with the extermination!
Oh Ants are the worst! Can you get someone to come and spray for them. We have someone come every 6 months and it isn't too expensive. It kills spiders and other things too!! (bonus!) They use something that isn't harmful to kids.
I am sorry about the sick kiddos too! That is no fun at all. I hate to be homebound! I hope that she feels better too!
Someone told us to try cinnamon when we had an ant problem in Tustin. We also had people come spray that solved the problem. Hydrex would even spray into the walls through the electric plugs. I hope the barf ends for you soon!
I HATE ANTS! We had a problem with them when I lived in CA, but then my parents hired someone to come spray around the house every year and they haven't been back since. I highly recommend it. (Also, I use Windex to kill ants... it doesn't keep them away permanently but takes care of them short term.)
Your landlady person should pay to have someone come spray for you. Or you can. It's worth it. That's what we did. And of course we had to keep repeating it year after year...maybe the ants like puke.
Post a Comment