15 July 2007

A Great Week

Even though we haven't been up to much, we had a really fun week. I tried to turn off the TV more and it worked and was so great. We also started a new tradition of going to the pool after naps. It is a great bribe and activity. We always stay in the toddler pool, Mia in floaties and Isabel in her stroller. But Isabel has wanted to join in the fun. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera, but yesterday she was hilarious!! She would splash so hard and get herself soaking wet, but she was would smile and do it again. It was dangerous to hold her because you were going blind from all the water!


Here's Mia picking her nose:) Like Mother Like Daughter.


We also had a great play session with Daddy aka Horsey



And Miss Rollie Pollie Isabel. She is so all over the place and just loves it. Oh and she has 2 teeth, if you look real close (but don't get to close or you'll have to eat her up:))

And Mia has found a new love at Golden Spoon, the ice cream cone. She loves it!! And Ryan and I are obsessed with GS, so we go there often.

Other than that, I went to Costco 3 times this week! Once for my own shopping, once with my mom, and once with Ryan. I was introducing my mom and Ryan to the awesome new Costco super close to our house. We've also been looking for a bike for me. I was running, but my knees and shine-splints are KILLING me, so I want to start riding. My sister Annette is guiding me into the world of bikes. I am excited! And until I get one, I will be swimming.

And this week, we will prepare for the NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE! It begins this Friday at 7am (at most locations). You can bet the Phelps family will be at the amazing South Coast Plaza at 7am. It is just an experience I can't live without (remember last year...) At least I can shop for myself this year:)

8 comments:

Leslie said...

a few things: when I scrolled down to isabel, audrey said, "awww! she's so cute! i like her."
i think she looks like jocelyn. no?
i do recall your hard core nordstrom experience last year. it must make you happy to know then when I smell that nordstrom smell, i think of you. :)

go boo boo said...

Thanks for the Nordy's sale reminder! Gorgeous pic of our cute Isabel. Obsessed with GS, I would say so, especially after you drop 3 freshies that you left on the top of your car and go back to get some more, laughing all the way, and loving to see your GS all over the road. What WAS that?

Mandy said...

You have such cute girls!!

Kate said...

If I lived in So Cal and had SCP close- I would do the same... the Nordstrom's here is not half as good! Everytime we go to California- we shop there-- it's da bomb! Can't wait to hear what you find.

Jess said...

You are so stinkin' funny! I will totally think of you on Friday at the Nordstom sale. How fun that you get to shop this year too! Hooray for that!

I am looking for a bike too. Let me know what kind you find. Sean got one and put the bike trailer on the back to pull the girls. They LOVE it!

I love the picture of Ryan being a horsey. Everyone should have a picture like that! I totally remember my Dad doing that.

The pool sounds nice!

Take care!

go boo boo said...

I saw that you had a great week too, but after I had posted! We must be on the same cycle...hee!

JoJo said...

Have fun at Nordy's! That pic of Isabel smiling with her teeth showing is SOOO adorable!

zeeny said...

Hi Rachel...this is totally random but I grew up in your home stake (Jeni Parkin) I found your blog through another friends blog! I had been watching your family grow healthy together and it was totally inspiring (I'm also attempting weight watchers!) It's now private and I was wondering if I could be invited to view it. If that's too weird I'm totally fine with that also. Love your little girls...super cute. I have two little girls as well, so much fun and a lot of work. Hope you have fun at the Nordstrom sale (The closest Nordstrom to me is three hours away, so sad!)