24 January 2007

First Dr's Appointment

2 Weeks Old
Isabel's belly button!

We took Isabel for her first official Dr's appointment yesterday. Mia was a little concerned walking into the office, but was reassured when she did not have to leave the waiting area. My mom stayed with her while Isabel and I went back for the fun. She was hungry so it wasn't so easy, but she is healthy and growing well. She is now 9 pounds 10 ounces and 21 3/4 inches long. She is well proportioned at 90th% for weight, height, and head. And our Dr got her yucky cord stump off which was my big concern (and I was too chicken to clean it with the vigor that the Dr did!).

Ryan was in Boston from Monday until late last night so my Mom stayed with us to help out. After being out for the appointment, I think Mia was so full of energy. She was a crazy lady after her nap, running and jumping all over the house. I am sure our downstairs-neighbors loved that! I tried to slow her down by watching the State of the Union :). And then Isabel was up at 5am and did not want to go back to sleep until about 8am, right as Ryan was leaving for work. So I am a little tired, but determined to get out and go for a walk with the girls. Mia needs to see more of the sun:)


7 comments:

susanstayner said...

Ha Ha. I read all of your comments, including the very nice things about my help, thank you very much. You're doing great for a two-week family with two.

Love, Mom

JoJo said...

Isabel is sooo cute! She looks older already, which makes me a little sad, because I can't wait to meet her! Give the fam love...

Whitney and Ryan said...

She is just beautiful.

Kathy said...

What a pretty little girl! I can barely handle one baby, let alone two!

Kathy said...

Haha, I think you were posting on my blog at the same time I was on yours. Its definitely tough with Ty's job and a baby, but I guess everyone has their struggles, right. Anyway, love seeing your pics of your cute girls.

Leslie said...

you sound like you're doing great, rachel. as you go for your walk, you can think to yourself, "look at me, 2 weeks ago i had a baby and now i'm out with both of my kids, enjoying the day." good for you. i couldn't "walk" for 5 weeks. lame csections.

Jess said...

She is so beautiful! I'm glad that everything is going well and that she is happy and healthy. That is great!

A walk outside sounds so nice. Too bad it is only 13 degrees :)

Take Care my friend!
Love you!