25 November 2006

Good Thanksgiving

We had a fun Thanksgiving. We left at about noon on Wednesday because the 405 freeway was closed. We took an alternate and made it in great time. My mom and dad generously offered to baby-sit Mia so Ryan and I could go on a date. We had a nice dinner at Houston's and then met some friends for dessert. Thursday morning, Ryan played in a Turkey Bowl as quaterback and won! I helped my mom with all the food and Mia played and played. We had a full house for dinner with my parents, us, Ryan's mom, Matt & family, Liz, her friend Brenda, and family friends Doug and Melinda. We were even missing 2 guests with Alex & friend Christian in Vegas. They showed up later. We enjoyed the evening and then watched the shows with my mom. I actually went shopping yesterday morning at 8am. I got some good deals at Toys R Us and Target (I knew what I wanted and just ran in while Mia & Ryan waited). Ryan & his mom saw the new Bond movie at 915am so Mia & I hung out with the Irvine Phelps and had a great time. Then we went back to my parents' for naps before we hung out with friends Derek & Michelle and kids. We then came home to enjoy our own beds. Mia was so excited to see her sleeping friends & her beds.

Sorry again about no pictures. My camera did not make the trip. Today we will run some errands, watch the BYU vs Utah game, and then attend the Temple Lighting tonight. I will try to take pictures and share.

3 comments:

kristenita said...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOUGARS!!! thank goodness for that horrible messy play at the end when they pulled through!!

go boo boo said...

Little Fat Quaterback is back! Love, Boo

Jess said...

Sounds like you had a fun relaxing holiday. Good for you!!
We need PICTURES silly.

Take care!