18 September 2007

A Donut

I had a donut last night. Ryan bought me one home as a present (I told him I wanted one for some "emotional eating.") What a wonderful guy! I have not had a donut in a long time. Please don't freak out, but I used to walk 1.5 blocks in LA to the Donut Star a few times a week. Gross! And many times, I'd get 1 for now and 1 for later.

Thank you for all of your nice comments. I turned the kids over to Ryan when he got home and I read my book. It was nice to do something for myself. And this morning while Mia was at Joy School, Isabel & I went to Nordstrom where I got a much-needed new bra (with a much better size! That made me smile). Ryan came home for lunch and gave me a blessing which was wonderful. Now if the girls will sleep, so will I and things will continue to be looking up.

I guess I just needed to get it out of my system and let you all (my friends!!) know and then knowing you knew and were thinking of me, made me feel better! Here's to a great day!

11 comments:

Leslie said...

we practically live at the donut shop. the crazy chinese ladies know my kids' names, and give us extra donut holes since we're there so often. in LA, my kids' picture was on the bulletin board in the donut shop up Sawtelle from us.
do not feel guilty. :)
you totally deserved it and i'm totally jealous of your new bra. my favorite one has a propensity to unhook itself at the most inopportune times (like in the middle of primary.) i can't bear to quit wearing it though, cuz it has padding. and i need padding.
love you rach. :)

Amber said...

YEE HA! To the donut. Amen to the rest, the bra, the blessing, the book the sleep. This is when I smile at life, when we figure out what WE need to be re-fueled and capable to begin again and again. You are WONDERFUL, be gentle with yourself, you would expect others to be that way with themselves, right?!

JoJo said...

Donuts. Robert's favorite things. :)

We love you! You are an amazing big sister to me and always have been. And you are a wonderful mom and from all reports, wife. Just remember that you are so loved and even though crappy moments come, they won't last forever! :)

stephanie said...

just seeing the title of this post made me really crave a donut. and i barely finished eating the world's biggest brownie not more than 5 minutes ago. sometimes you just need a donut, you know? no shame in that.

i'm glad things are looking up. you have lots of support out here!

Lindsay said...

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better. A girl needs some time to herself once in a while. You guys are SO cute in that picture where you're all in the BYU attire. We were thinking of you the other week as we attended the BYU-UCLA game. Nathan was like 'where's Ryan when I need him'? We wish you could have been there with us. Anyway-hope you keep feeling better!

Megan B said...

You are so blessed to be where you are...I am so grateful for the wonderfuls of Irvine who I know will take good care of my Rachel...thanks Stephanie! Thanks Julia! Thanks Amber! Thanks Mer! Thanks all the rest! I miss you! Have a donut for me...then go get a big Golden Spoon yogurt and some Wahoos!

kristenita said...

you should come visit us out here - we live RIGHT BY a donut shop and a bakery.
glad things are looking up & I hope you get that nap. I always feel so much better after I get one.
I TRIED TO CALL YOU THE OTHER DAY BUT THE NUMBER I HAD FOR YOU WAS DISCO'D! email me your new one & we'll chat, lady!

Mandy said...

Glad things are better for you! I love the cute BYU family picture. I need to copy cat that one! Aren't new bras the best? I went shopping for one last week, now that I'm done nursing!

Jess said...

You are such a cute girl Rach! I am totally jealous that you had your house cleaned AND a donut! Those are 2 great things.

It does get hard being a mom and you totally need a break and need to be able to vent. We ALL know exactly what you are saying.

I think are fab in every way!

Take care my friend! What book did you read? I finished the Twilight series so now I need another one to read :)

go boo boo said...

Ask Katie or Megan or Andy for that matter, I used to live at Krispy Kreme, I'd go there because it was a drive through and they have Diet Pepsi on tap (my drink of choice at the time) and get a chocolate donut and a few for the kiddos at the time. Since moving away from the DC, thank goodness I have no idea where a KK is nearby and haven't even looked, and no longer (well sometimes) drink the diet cola stuff, I've dropped the habit. And I kept wondering why I couldn't lose that extra 10 lbs.!!!

kristenita said...

hey rach - I just remembered our LATE LATE LATE night krispykreme runs when it just opened in provo. remember sitting in the drive-thru line for 3+ hours!?! ha ha. of course talking about boys. those were good times. (and of course good donuts!)
MISS YOU!