31 August 2007

Braces for Bailey


My sweet niece Bailey recently got her braces on and started 5th grade. Wow, that makes me feel OLD. Check out more info here.

I totally remember the day when I was in 5th grade and left to go get my braces. I told all my friends and was also super stoked. Little did I know...I was only supposed to have them on for 18 months, but 3 years and 3 months later (I totally remember), I got them off, just in time for my 9th grade school pictures. I was so happy to have them off in time for my ID card picture in High School. Oh the trials in life when you're a kid...now, Mia is sleeping and I am trying to get Isabel to sleep too so I can nap. I need it!!

5 comments:

stephanie said...

i had my braces from 7th grade til my senior year in high school. it was traumatic, but so worth it!

Kate said...

Bailey is so cute! I am having the worst time with AJ sleeping! I feel your pain.

go boo boo said...

I totally don't remember how old I was when I got them on, but I loved the feeling when they came off. I probably need them again, sorry mom and dad. I just loved seeing the brace face picture wall in Dr. Witwer's office of all the kids at school with braces.

JoJo said...

Yeah, I had braces until just before my junior year... I got them off like a month before I turned 16. Strategy on Mom and Dad's parts? Hmm... (And I'll probably need invisalign or something again because I do NOT wear my retainer... and when I had braces, I did NOT wear my elastics.)

Megan B said...

Don't tell Bailey how long you had them. These must be super braces because they are only supposed to be on for four months. Then it will be my turn! Yep...sorry too Mom & Dad that I did not wear my retainer. BAD!