30 August 2007

"Thomas"

Last week, we took the Metrolink train to San Juan Capistrano with some girls from our ward and another ward. A couple ladies organize weekly outings during the summer and this was the last one. We didn't go too many times, but this was a fun time!! You take the train from here in Irvine. The ride is like 20 minutes or something. The station in SJC is super cool, right in the middle of "old town." If you walk a block up, you are at the San Juan Mission. We didn't do that as the little ones wouldn't really care. There is also a Ruby's diner right there (P* family) for lunch or a snack.

Mia super-stoked to be on the train, or as she calls it "Thomas" (that is up & until she bumped her nose on the window when it stopped. She tells me about it each time she sees this picture which is my background on the computer.)

Again, so happy! In the background is her little friend, Ashton. We've never played with them, but she always talks about him after nursery. Future playdates? You bet!!

The hardest part was having Isabel in the Baby Bjorn and lugging around the double stroller. It was a waste to bring it because we hardly used it. And it was so stressful getting it on & off the train (not to mention the 2 kids).

In San Juan, we had a snack and then went to Zoomars, a cute little petting zoo. You can feed all animals which Mia just loved. Boo Boo, please note the sign "Miniature Donkey: Lucky Star." (although he is not pictured above)

I had to let her do the pony ride which she LOVED! The man leading the horse kept looking back at her and smiling because she was so delighted. Seriously! Best $3 of the day!


They have a big pen with bunnies and guinea pigs. Poor, poor animals. Once she discovered she could pick them up, she would run and chase them down. She was pretty gentle, but hard to control as I was sitting next to her on the little log feeding Isabel.

7 comments:

Leslie said...

we've eaten at that ruby's several times. sjc is such a cute little place, and so close to my parents' house.

anybody wanna buy it? :)

fun trip, and i'm quite freaked out at how much your friend looks like my sister, steph. i thought that was her!

stephanie said...

looks like fun!

and don't think that we haven't been to that ruby's more than a few times. my parents' house is actually just a few miles up the ortega highway.

i always wished we'd taken that train ride when we lived in the oc.

stephanie said...

i'm freaked out that leslie and i just commented at the exact same time. weird!

go boo boo said...

So fun! Love lucky star even though I haven't even seen the little donkey. I can't wait to do this next time we visit. I am seriously embarrassed to admit that I have never been to the SJC mission (I would definitely recognize it in pictures, which is weird). I think maybe in a blurred memory with the Carltons? I really want to see it and this would be perfect for the kiddos.

go boo boo said...

I failed to mention how gorgeous you three girls are. I can't believe Isabel's dark, dark hair???

Megan B said...

I am also incredibly embarrassed to admit that we NEVER did the SJC train...you BET that will be on the agenda when we come down...ANYTHING to see a donkey! Very cute.

Jess said...

That looks like so much fun! I can only imagine the double stroller and 2 kids. You are the woman!!

I think it is so sweet that she loved that horse! You should have a pony party for her birthday!!

Cute pictures. You look so great!