
I am feeling a lot of things right now...humble, grateful, overwhelmed, excited, nervous, anxious, and just a sense of WOW. We had an amazing Sunday. Ryan and I spoke in church. I talked about scripture study and he about Perfecting the Saint. He did a great job and people say I did too, but who knows. I did feel so relaxed and comfortable, which was a first. I think my prayers were really answered. We then taught Primary and had a great lesson with our Valiant 10's and shared a sweet spirit with them. After the 3-hour block, we rushed to the Stake Presidency's office where Ryan was called to be the 2nd counselor in our Irvine Ranch young single adult Branch. WOW. I spoke to the Stake President and it was so awesome. He asked about Ryan, and also about our relationship. I told him it was stronger than ever, and I truly felt that. What a blessing! He then promised me that I would be sustained and helped as Ryan was busy with this new responsibility. And I know I will. We then ran over to our Bishop's office where I was called to serve with the Laurels in the Young Women's program. Again, I am so excited and can't wait to meet the girls and get started.
We rushed home and grabbed lunch then headed back to church for the Branch sacrament meeting. Ryan was then set apart and the girls and I came home. He just got back after some meetings and a linger-longer.
So it will be a big change from teaching every other week, but we are up for the challenge. I guess my church-widowship begins! :) Wish us luck!
Please see my other post from today as it is my sister's BIRTHDAY!! I don't want to ran on her parade, but I had to get this post out today while it was fresh. Love you Joce!
7 comments:
wow. you guys are wanted people down there! that is incredible! i'm so proud of ryan and you for being his incredibly devoted and loving wife. you guys are great examples of how to be married and happy, and i think the young adults will see that and long for it, maybe even enough that boys will start asking girls on dates.
what a concept.
go YOU! what an incredible day!
yeah, wow! that is awesome. amen to what leslie said - you guys are awesome & amazing. good luck with the singles & the laurels, you guys will be busy-bees! and I know you will be so good at your new callings.
(hopefully you can sit still for 3 hrs now after being in primary. hee hee)
OK, Eric told me all this before sacrament and I'll be honest, I was pulling for you in beehives, to join me, but laurels will do. I am so excited for your involvement with the branch, that will be so rewarding. And, the talks, were seriously, great. I loved your honesty, your conviction to do better, and the accompaniment of the spirit. Sometimes we hear talks that make us feel guilty and bugged, that may be good at times, but yours was just the kind I like, motivating and real at the same time. Thank you for all the preparation and nerves that were calmed for that.
wow! what a day! and i thought mr. dub and i were shocked when we each got called to a different presidency yesterday. but a singles branch presidency is a whole 'nother level of huge. you'll both do great!
You guys are both such great leaders, I know you will fill your capacities well! And you ARE an amazing example of a happy, loving marriage.
I wish I would've heard your talks, I am sure they were amazing. We are not surprised at your new callings, you guys step up to the plate and hit homers everytime you are called to the work. Okay, a little too cheesy I love you guys, you are amazing!
That is so awesome Rach! I am so proud of you both! How fun to be over the single adult Branch. They will truly learn so much from watching you 2! And you will be fabulous in Young Womens! What a fun place to serve. I would love to be in Y.W.'s!
Good luck with everything. I totally hear you on the church-widowship. It's so great to see them grow and serve, but sometimes hard to be alone!
You will be awesome!
Post a Comment