18 July 2008

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale

Can you believe it?  After many years of going on the first day, first thing in the morning, we didn't even go this year!!  Wow.  I rolled over at 630ish and reminded Ryan.  He mumbled something to the effect of "Oh well," but then at about 7 said "Thanks for bringing it up.  Now all I can think about is the jeans and shirt I need."  But we haven't been yet and won't go.  At least not today:)  We are on a strict budget as we try to save for a house...one day!!  Here's a recap of the past years...



2005--San Francisco.  We went right at opening, did some damage, and then dropped Ryan off at work and he told his boss that day that he was quitting:)

2004--San Francisco.  We went that day to have our ultrasound where we found out Mia was a girl!  I dropped Ryan off at work and went to the sale and bought my first baby-girl outfit.  We left for our summer in New York the next day.

2003--Provo.  Nothing too exciting here...

2002--Provo.  Ryan was working there, so we got an extra 20% off.  And a t-shirt that we still have and I wear to bed sometimes.  

And yes, we are obsessed.  And I may or may not have browsed online already and might have or not bought a few things.  Just a few...or something.  But remember, they are the best about returns!!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

i am hereby shocked that you didn't attend. i'm proud of you for sticking to your budget, though. you've always been so good at that!!

Carrie said...

Well Rachel I have to say this post is just too funny since I ran into you at Nordstrom just a few hours after you wrote this!!! And I do believe you guys were carrying shopping bags!

I have never been at 7:00 am though, so you need to fill me in on the secret. Are there any great deals I am missing out on by not going bright and early?

go boo boo said...

Busted! I love it.