04 July 2008

Pop goes the...

TIRE! I jumped in the pool and started out WAY too strong so I was tuckered out, but I did beat out my previous times. I got on the bike and bonked a bit (which I always do), but then I kicked into high gear and was jamming! For reals...I passed about 10 people, mostly guys (which is great since the field was only about 40 deep). I got to a big intersection (Culver and Irvine Blvd) and was stoked because I was going to have the light...and then POP and pssssssst went all the air in my back tire. I was about 7 miles into the 10-mile course. I had no cell and no spare, so I walked about 1.5 back to the transition area and sent Ryan off to run. What a serious buzz kill!!

We rushed home to grab the kids and bikes (and give a HUGE thanks to Merritt for watching them, starting @ 715am. Amazing!) and were the last entrants in the Woodbridge parade. But the girls loved it! Again, they were the cutest ever with no pictures to prove it. We meet up with a bunch of friends, but missed Grammy on the route because we took a shortcut (it was too hot and humid for us wimps).

Now we are taking a breather before we head to pool with Grammy and a bunch of friends. Then to the Stake Party tonight...keep your imagination running...still no camera. But I filmed a bit. Maybe I will figure out uploading it with the Mac tomorrow.

No comments: