23 December 2006

Dr apt update

We had a good appointment yesterday. I continue to measure big, as I have throughout the pregnancy (and with Mia too). I guess I wasn't dilated because he didn't say anything. We did an ultrasound and she looked great. We got really cool pictures of her cute face. Her head and tummy measured a little big, but her legs were really long. He estimated that she is now 6 pounds 12 ounces and we should add about 1 pound to that for the due date. We sat down and he told us when to call (as soon as contractions really start because my labor with Mia was pretty short; if my water breaks [i am not counting on that since it didn't break with Mia until I was 9 cm dilated]; if I loss the mucus plug, or with bleeding). I go in a week for a normal visit and then in 2 weeks, he will check the progress. The best news--he said if there is any progress in 2 weeks (either diltaion, softening, or she is transitioning) he is willing to induce. We said "For sure!!" So potentially in 2 weeks (instead of 4!) we could have this baby. It makes me feel so much better.

Now we are preparing to go to the OC for Christmas. More later...MERRY CHRISTMAS!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

great news, rachel! i hope all goes well, maybe she'll be a little tax deduction this year. :)

merry christmas--you all looked so cute in your card.

go boo boo said...

I love it! I can't wait. The mucus plug thing might have been a little much! Merry Christmas!