

First, Happy Birthday to my Dad on this September 11th. It is a day I have always remembered because of my wonderful father, but since 2001, has meant so much to us all. Ryan and I were watching CBS and a documentary that was being filmed when the attack on the World Trade Centers happened. Two brothers were following a new fire-recruit in his first 9 months on the job. They just happened to film when the 1st plane hit, totally randomly. Then they were on the scene with the first responders. We've seen it before, but it was still so emotional and amazing to see.
The morning of 9/11/01, I woke up sick and called work to say I wouldn't be coming in. I turned on The Today Show and was confused at first. I called my sister Katie to turn on her TV and we sat, shocked together. Ryan was on his way to school, but left (even though his teacher was all anal and lame about it). Like so many others, I wanted him home, safe & sound with me to try and make sense of it all.
I just hope that we continue to fight against terrorism and stand up for those who so innocently lost their lives. God Bless America!
No comments:
Post a Comment