13 September 2006

FYI For Your Little Artist

After (I couldn't get them in the right order...sorry!)



Before

And here's the tools of the trick


Since Mia is still trying to learn about coloring only on paper, I found a new trick. Put a little toothpaste on the artwork and let sit for 5 minutes. Brush with a damp toothbrush and then wipe off with a damp cloth (you might have to scrub a little with the cloth). Easy! Now I will start on the other walls...

5 comments:

stephanie said...

have you ever tried a mr. clean magic eraser? they are amazing. it looks like the toothpaste worked wonders, though. good work-- for you and mia.

kristenita said...

wow! leave it to colgate and a SOFT (I hope) toothbrush to do the trick. I will have to remember that one in a couple years... :)

go boo boo said...

I am just catching up...love the orange apple jacks - that is kind of different - its not like the marshmellows in the lucky charms or anything. I saw the same 9/11 doc and I loved it. Everyone else seemed to be watching the fake doc - which I caught and was sad. I couldn't believe their were so many f-bombs, but it was very touching. Was I talking on the phone to you today when she painted the wall? You might want to splurge for the Mr.Clean sponge thing - it works every time, but the toothpaste thing is good too. Toodles.

Jess said...

Love the home remedy to clean it up! Thanks for the tip.

Rylee used a pink highlighter yesterday.. nice! Guess they weren't up high enough.

I love the art work wall. It's very beautiful!

stephanie said...

tricycle 411: ours is a radio flyer that we purchased for about $40 at target. it is awesome. oliver loves it. we now go for bike "rides" everyday. the parent handle can steer the thing, and it has a cruising mode, so when i push it, the pedals don't spin. it is the best!