01 May 2006

The Keys to Life



Here we are on the day we bought our car. This morning, Mia and I went to Music Makers. Had a great time. Then I discovered that I locked my keys in my car. Oops! My friend, Natalie stayed with me while I called BMW Assist (sort of like OnStar). They said they couldn't open it, but would have a tow truck come to take us to the dealership. If the dealer can't get it open, then they could make a new key...one of those expensive kind. Natalie took us home (illegally with Mia in the back and me sitting next to her) and I ran up to grab the other key. Of course, I couldn't find it, so I sent Natalie home. About 5 minutes later, I found it in our church-diaper bag, buried at the bottom. We took naps then talked to Natalie who was now stuck outside her house having locked herself out with her son inside taking a nap. What a day! So I decided to walk to the church which only took 10 minutes and got my car! Yikes, what an adventure and finally something exciting to write about!

Moral of the story--don't push the lock button on your keys until all doors are closed and not before. And always put the keys where they go, not left in the bottom of a bag.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

oh man, luckily you had a friend! Saturday I somehow lost my keys inside my car after I unlocked it. We were roasting in the mall parking lot until we said a prayer and found the key. Thank goodness! I hate when that happens! Glad you made it home safe, and you must have looked so silly walking along SM Blvd, no one walks around LA! :) love you!

Jess said...

How funny! I hate it when things like that happen. Glad that you found the other key. There are a lot of treasures buried in the bottom of the church diaper bag :)

Love ya!

stephanie said...

um, excuse me, but you drive a beemer? nice. i'm glad everything turned out all right, and i hope your friend got in her apartment ok.