30 May 2006

Memorial Day

We had a great weekend. Saturday, we went to a fun BBQ at my brother's. They even had a slip and slide! The little kids loved it, and although she didn't have a suit, Mia was a fan too. She liked playing in the spraying water and walking through it. She was soaking, but lovin it. Then my sister, Boo, Andy & kids drove in from Utah. We played a little before Mia needed a nap. We drove to Newport Sunday morning to go to church with the Knights and hang out. Great Sunday with yummy food, Uno, and a walk on the Island. We went to breakfast and then headed to Big Corona . I haven't been there in a long time for a beach day. It was great! There were a TON of people (as in the parking lots were full! We found prime-time parks!). I thought we would only be there for an hour max., but Mia could've been there all day! She loved the sand and especially the water and mud! My parents were with us and it was a throw back to when I was little. Wahoo's for lunch and recovery at my parents until we returned home and back to life.

I should have more to blog about this week with fun things planned with my sister, like zoo, aquarium, parks, beach, etc. Hope you all had a fun time too!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Er stuff continued - the HAwaii episode is one of my all time favorites - I masicasticly watch it over and over, too - thank heavens for TNT re-runs! That song that IZ sings when he is dying is my all time favorite song and Hawaii has a special place in my heart anyway, but then they throw ER into the mix and I am doomed to cry every time. Jay will come into the room or call when it is on and, knowing that I am crying, asks, "Is the Dr. Green episode on?" - yep - good stuff.