And don't you love my cute blog? Thanks to this lady for the template. I really just didn't have time to figure it all out. Which is really unlike me...
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. I love wrapping gifts and am pretty good at it too. Just ask Matt:)
2. Real or Fake Tree? Real. I haven't converted to fake, but think about it.
3. When do you put up the tree? The first Monday in December that we can actually have FHE.
4. When do you take the tree down? If it was up to Ryan, as a Phelps, it would seriously be at noon on Christmas. No joke...our first Christmas in Irvine, we opened all the presents and then I took a nap. When I came downstairs, everything was all un-decorated and Christmas was unceremoniously over. I like to wait a few days...but before the end of the year for sure.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes. Eggnog yogurt at Golden Spoon is so yummy (especially since they are having a Holiday special on quarts for $3.99 are you out of your mind!?)
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I keep thinking about the Strawberry Shortcake pennybank. It was awesome, but I dropped it on the stairs while I was moving my gifts. I also got these sweet boots one year and another year this leather-bomber jacket.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Many. The only one up this year is the Little People one and it is all over the house, thanks to the girls. Joseph ran away, but reappeared. Noah was taking his place:)
8. Hardest person to buy for? Ryan. I need an EXACT list (seriously) or everything will go back and I will get offended. He is picky!
9. Easiest person to buy for? Going with Matt on this one, Isabel because she could care less and will probably love the wrapping paper (if she can get her hands on it before Ryan throws it away!)
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever got? I don't know...
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. See post below...mail all 205 of them!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. It is hilarious! Seriously.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever I think about it. I started this year early because I saw Mia's gift and had to get it before they were gone. Now I hear people are trying to track them down:) Go me!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Don't think so...
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Everything! I really like sugar cookies. And peppermint bark.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear. Always clear.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Once in Royal David's City by Nancy Hanson. I listen to it all year long. I also love Away in a Manager.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I am up for either, but we stay at home. I really wanted to go to Utah this year, but didn't convince Ryan. He better keep up the promise of a ski trip early next year...I miss my sisters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Donner and Dasher and...and Vixen...Rudolph. Umm, guess that is a negative!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Always an angel growing up, but I have not found one I like. I look each year, but it hasn't happened. So it is a star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? PJs Christmas Eve. Everything else Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Spending all the $$. I love it and get so excited, but then FREAK out about the $$.
23. What I love most about Christmas? The reason for the season--Christ. The music and love you feel for everyone. People are so much kinder...can't we do that all year long?
24. Do you say Merry Christmas or Happy holidays? MERRY CHRISTMAS. I am not PC and don't care. I celebrate Christmas. Thank you very much!
5 comments:
lover girl.....can you invite me to your other blog so I can add you there too...por favor?!?!? we just barely started this and it's so fun...but hard to stay on top of. I tot wanna hear how it went with the Mecuro. TOTAL blast from the past!
Very nice. like the blog design. 5 more days...woo hoo! Party in Irvine at Golden Spoon. Better stock up on the quart sale if they are closed on Christmas.
very sweet. mom says she's up for skiing this year, so we'd better do a ski trip!
Hey Rachel! Can I get your mailing address? Also...can I just say how fabulous you are looking!
love the new layout my friend!
My favorite answer is totally 24! Thank you! You are awesome!
I hope that you have a very merry christmas (good luck with Ryan's present :)
Post a Comment