02 May 2007

Maama and Bhampa


We are loving living close to Maama and Bhampa. A couple weeks ago, Ryan was out of town for a couple days. It was so nice to have them to take care of us! We went over to hang out with Maama and then had dinner at their house. The next day, we played with Maama and then meet Bhampa for dinner at Fashion Island. Mia loved walking with him and riding the merry-go-round with Maama. We've also spent the past 2 Mondays at the park in the afternoons where they join us and then we go to dinner (and Ryan meets us too!).

We had a fun, quick trip to Paso Robles. We left Friday morning and caravaned with Mike & Amy the whole way. We met up with Wendy & fam at Avila Beach outside San Luis Obispo. It was fun to sit in the sun (half shade with Isabel) while Mia fell in love with collecting rocks and Ryan went into the freezing water with his brother (they are so competitive, it makes Amy & I laugh!) Then we had dinner at the Lunts and hung there. Saturday, Ryan and I took Isabel and went to Walmart. So dumb, but I loved it!! The baptism was lovely including a great talk by Ryan (and Mia helped too...she loved the littler podium in the primary room, so she stood with him the whole time). We had lunch and then hit the road. The trip home was LONG and we were all going crazy, but worth it.

Now back to life, or lack thereof. And my camera is lame and the batteries go out all the time. We did go to Music Makers and then the park with some girls from church. That was nice, but Mia is a stinker at parks recently and doesn't listen, especially when we are trying to leave. It makes me soo frustrated! But she did take a great nap and then we played outside with some neighbor kids (Kate came over too). All in all, a good day.

4 comments:

Kate said...

I am jelous that you are so close to mom and dad! How great! Oh - I am dealing with a beligerant child or two-- sorry-- the woes of motherhood and going to the park...

Mandy said...

Glad you had a great weekend!

Oh My Gosh - I am right there with you and Maggie NOT LISTENING! It's horrible! Even when I give her warnings WAY in advance, she still runs away screaming when it's time to leave, and then the kicking starts when I try to pick her up off the ground. Oy. I feel your pain!

go boo boo said...

At least a little bribery helps with me...I remember those days too well with the boys...can't wait for Penelope to do the same. I love the pics of M & P & Mia. Love the podium part! Your first sentence is an understatement! Love, Boo

Jess said...

Oh the terrible two's! :) They are fun aren't they? I often wonder if their ears close off for that year of life!! Just kidding.

It looks like you guys had a great time. I'm so glad that you get to live close to your parents now. I love that little Mia helped Ryan give the baptisimal talk. That is too cute.

Take care my friend! Love you!