I've fallen off the planet. I have checked your blogs, just trying to figure out how to keep on top of this with 2 kids. So right now, Mia is watching Calliou (the first one today...see below for more info) and Isabel is sleeping in the Baby Bjorn. Gotta love it! So here is the week, as best as I can remember!
Wednesday--My mom came to play and we went to visit Lisa and baby Charlotte. I forgot my camera, but she is adorable and Lisa is doing great as a new mommy. The trip did mess with our nap schedule. Mia would not fall asleep until 430pm (when she normally goes down at about 1pm and up at 330pm--with play time in the crib included). Isabel was asleep like it was nighttime, so was then up until about 1am when she finally gave up. This made for a stressful Thursday where Mia and I could not see eye to eye. But Thursday ended great with a visit from my sister Megan and baby Jackson. Friday, I made it the post office to drop off a package for return. I got to the counter (after a very stressful time getting out of the house) and the man said I had to seal the package before I got there...I almost started to cry...but then saw that the sell tape so that saved the day. Saturday was a fun, family day! First, Ryan & Mia dropped me off to meet Megan, Kay and Liz for spa pedicures. I took Isabel (who slept the whole time) and Ryan took Mia to Matt's to play with Zach, Hannah, and Jackson. We then met for lunch, but that didn't happen for our family as Mia was hysterical...and then Ryan was locked out of the house so I had to leave the lunch early. But then everyone (Megan, Jackson, Matt, Kay, Zach, Hannah, Liz, Alex, and Joseph) came over to play. It was a full house, but lots of fun. Sunday, we went to church at my brother's for Hannah's blessing, followed by a lunch at his house. Again, good times. After late naps (again) we went to some friend's to watch the 2nd half of the SuperBowl. Yesterday, we went to Starbucks for a treat and then to the temple grounds to run around. Today, we went to Babies R Us to check out double strollers (still no purchase) and then home to play.
Also, fun for us...Mia, 3 times now, has decided to touch her poo-poo and get it all over her crib during nap time. Are you kidding me??? She did this morning (out of the crib all over the rocking chair), so she was banned from Calliou (her favorite show) until now when I needed a break. And now Isabel is up and hysterical so I am out.
5 comments:
That's quite the full week you had there! Here's hoping we have another cousin to add to the pool this week. The contractions are still coming, just not regularly enough. Darrh! But it will happen relatively soon, so I am trying to stay positive. :) Love to the fam!
Hang in there! The mere thought of juggling two little ones, plus an extended family full of newborns makes me stressed. And to add poo on top of that ... you're a trooper!
Try putting Mia in pullups during naps. That's what we did when Maggie would rip off her diaper and "play" with poop! SICKO! Also, we should meet up on the temple grounds for a picnic and play time. Maggie would love that! :)
oliver's two times of playing in poop was enough for me. after that, he was potty trained.
hang in there! it totally gets easier with two! soon enough they will entertain each other and you can have your life back.
oh boy, that sounds like a full week of stress and no sleeping. isn't having 2 just the best? :)
give it another month or two and you'll be okay with life again. it took me about 4 months after parker was born to be okay with the decision i had made to have 2 kids. :)
Post a Comment