just barely! And I don't have a picture which makes me sad because the girls were dressed alike and everything. Let me tell you about my morning and you'll see why no pics.
Ryan had his meeting at 8am, so I was on my own getting the 3 of us ready. Mia takes a shower with me, so I got her undressed and sent her to the bathroom while I got undressed. When I got the bathroom 2 seconds later, she had pooped on the floor (what is it with her and poop?!) So I cleaned that up and took our shower. Isabel was chilling in her bed, but was upset by the time we got out. I quickly got Mia dressed and then held Isabel until I had to get myself ready. Of course, I couldn't find anything to wear. I was already late as I headed into the living room to fix Mia's hair and head out...but she had a poopy diaper. So I changed that and called Ryan to tell me to go in without me (he was waiting to help us in) and I wasn't coming. I calmed down and we headed out (of course, I just barely missed the sacrament!) Isabel was good until she was hungry in Sunday School, but I can't use the Mothers' Lounge because you have to go through the nursery and that won't work with Mia. So I did it discreetly in the hall (with like 4 Dads running around with their little ones). Isabel went in her carseat to sleep and we headed to RS. As it is about to start, someone comes from nursery because Mia has another poopy diaper. I went and changed her (left Isabel) and she did not want me to leave again. They finally distracted her and I skipped out. A few minutes later, they brought Mia to RS because she was hysterical...I was, of course, holding Isabel so I passed her off the the pres (cause I was seating in the front to take roll) and headed out. I got Ryan, but Mia only wanted me. We just sat in the hall while I prayed Isabel was OK (which she was). Anyway, it was an eventful, poopy day!
Yesterday was mellow and today I am already exhausted. Isabel was up at 4am and won't settle down until 7am, which is right when Mia woke up. Normally Ryan would take her, but he left early for a meeting. Mia was good and read in her bed for 25 minutes while I rested, but now we are up and thinking of how not to go crazy today.
3 comments:
wow rachel! that made me tired just READING about it. sundays are really hard with kids - and mine is only 2mod. I don't know how aaron survived as the youngest of EIGHT children!!
sounds like you did a good job though! I probably wouldn'tve made it to church at all.
What a crazy day! I can barely do it with just Landon. This mom thing is tough, but so worth it!
You're doing great! I remember aLWAYS feeding Matt in the rest room, and since he was little (6'6'), he ate a lot---so I spent a lot of time in the York, Pa. Church restroom. It's so much better today.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment