Saturday was a fun day. I went to a shower for a girl in our ward. Kind of random that I was invited since I was the youngest person there by far. It was more of the mom's friends, but nice to be included. I got home, put Mia to sleep, and Ryan & I went to the movies. My nice sister offered, insisted on baby-sitting! She really just wanted to use our AC and TV, but that is fine by me. We saw Nacho Libre which was bad, but funny. Then we got Ryan a cell phone which he hated doing, but it worth being able to get a hold of him for me!
Sunday was OK, but BUSY. Mia did not do Nursery this week as the super couple that took care of her last week was not there. So Ryan was with her the first hour and I was there the second. She was grouchy for sacrament, so he left a little early. But Ryan's mom was at our house waiting for us, so we had a good reason. Ryan played Scrabble with Carol as Mia & I slept. And then I made dinner and did all the clean-up so I was tired and felt poopy after. Ryan is now obsessed with reading since I got him to read "Angels & Demons." He is always reading and so I am bored at night without him to play with.
Today, we went on a walk to Starbucks for a Vanilla Bean Frappicino. I wanted to go for a bagel, but it was already too hot at 10am, so we came home. And here we have been all day, picking our noses and counting down til Ryan gets home with the car. Hopefully only 1 more hour!
But the most exciting news of the day...I broke my record on Solitaire and just finished a game in 49 seconds!!!!!! Woohoo for being a loser!
5 comments:
You're not a loser, Rach. But you have an awfully quick mind, that is quite incredible! Neal does the same thing when he reads books. He won't talk to me until he's done. It's really annoying. Just happened 2 weeks ago when he read Kite Runner. Sorry you're still without car, bummer!
49 seconds.. seriously? How do you do that? You should be in some championship somewhere?!
I totally hear you about the book reading.. if Sean starts reading it's so boring. It's like he is on another planet. I guess it's good they read though!
It is hot isn't it. You take care of yourself. How are you feeling these days?
49 seconds...I cannot comprehend. Do you want a 93 taur-cedes with deer poop on the hood?
Rachel... I'm a friend of Leslies... and I just have to say... I love your candid honesty! (I'm not brave enough to confess on my blog that I've lost my camera or spent too much money! lol!)Vanilla bean Farppicino huh? The only thing I thought I could get at SB's was their Carmel Apple Cider which is my favorite of all time, but only good if it's cold (which is about 8% of the year if you live in Houston!) have you ever tried one? You've got to! (It also works if you go into Starbucks at 10pm when it's finally dark outside and their A/C is blasting, then you can pretend like it's december and enjoy one!)
rachel: I hear you on the hot thing. it has been 99-104 the last week or two. until today which was only like 80something but REALLY humid (especially since regular denver humidity is only like 5%).
and we only have one car too! so aaron is my chauffer... we are TWINNERS. rommies, preggers, hot & carless!
still haven't found the camera yet? stinks!
Post a Comment