10 April 2006

Cause I am morbid?

After reading my Me, me, me post, some have asked why I read the obituaries. Not sure. But I do know that I got it from my Mom, as she reads them each day too (although I don't think as much with the LA Times). I like to read about people's lives and families, and, in a weird way, see if I know anyone. Just recently, I did. A close family friend from our days in Bountiful passed away and no one in my family knew. I got on the horn and got the word out. This girl was only 34 and my sister, Katie spoke at the services. So some good comes of it even if it makes me sound weird:)

2 comments:

Jess said...

I love that you read the obituaries too. I totally do as well! Sunday is my favorite day to read.
Love that we are the same!

Leslie said...

I don't think you're weird Rachel! I mean, I do, but not because of the obituary thing. :) lots of other reasons i won't go into here. drivebys and jerry springer is all i have to say. love you