You must watch this video. It is classic.
We went to Fashion Island last night to check out the huge, Christmas tree and enjoy some Wahoo's. Ryan and I were almost in tears holding back the laughter while the couple next to us had a conversation about presents. She told him that she hated telling him exactly what to get her because that is all he would get...no surprises! Maybe he could be a little creative and figure it out. She also was upset because everything she bought him, he would return. Seriously, they just went on and on and we were dying. Ryan said "They will learn."
Ryan is the best gift-giver ever. Seriously, I am always surprised, but yet he gets exactly what I want. He is awesome. I am not, but we have both learned to except this. He is a total taker-backer, so we do the "Honey, give me a list" and I get things pre-approved from the list. And they have to be exactly from the list. It is not a suggestion of types of things he would like, but he wants the exact thing (color and all). But it makes for a happier gift exchange for both of us. He is happy with his gift and won't return it, and I feel good getting him something I know he wants and will like and use.
How does it work for you? And how awesome is that video? Anyone?
3 comments:
This sounds EXACTLY like my house. Brian has to give me exacts now or he gets nothing:) He's always great at giving me what I want even if it's something I hadn't thought of. That couple will get it down someday:) I miss Fashion Island at Christmas, but I have snow right now to help me out:)
Russ is famous for "Oh, OK, do have the receipt?". I used to take it personal, but now I only get pre-approved gifts.
John has sooooo many talents...unfortunately gift giving is not one of them. Most years I buy something, wrap it and tell him to at LEAST write the card! I miss the FI tree not to mention Wahoo's!
Post a Comment