08 September 2008

2nd opinion

I went to my PCP Doctor this morning.  He said it was for sure infected with a bit of discharge/fluid in there.  Just like I thought and felt!  So he gave me antibiotics and some codene (safe when pregnant).  I got home, put Isabel to bed, and Mia was playing at a friend's, so I popped the pills and prayed for sleep.  The meds took a bit of the edge off, but still no sleep.  Too uncomfortable.  I am ready to cry.  Just hoping Ryan gets home early so he can take the kids away and I can moan alone.

Maybe I will post again in the middle of night:)  And my baby widget was not working so I went to fix it and realized I had the year wrong (08 instead of 09).  I was kind of freaked out that there was no baby, but glad it is fixed:)  This not taking anti-inflammatories better really help the little one:)

5 comments:

kristenita said...

hope you feel better - glad you got some ABx for it, and a 2nd opinion.
TMJ?
um that diagnosis was a little off, huh?

you should be feeling better in at least a couple days, once the infection starts getting better. HOPEFULLY SOONER!! isn't there a homeopathic remedy for ear aches - like garlic oil or something? wouldn't hurt to see if you can find something- it might just work & would probably be baby friendly. feel better ASAP amiga.

The Meyer Family said...

Yuck, I'm so sorry. Ainsley had constant ear infections when she was smaller and the doc always gave her an ear drop thing to relieve the instant pain. Maybe ask your doc about that? Feel better.

Kate said...

I am so sorry you are sick! That is the pits! I love your new background.. where did you get it?

Mandy said...

Ick! Feel better, soon!!!

JoJo said...

So sorry about the ear yuckiness... I told Robert the story (as told to me by Mom, ahh the family grapevine... I am last on the chain!)... and he was all, "Insta Care's are always WRONG!!" Last year he went in with a VERY bad sore throat... they said it was not strepp... guess what, it was, which we found out five days later (at that point the strepp was so bad the doctor didn't even need a culture. YUCK. POOR ROBERT).

I know, often they are good and helpful! But it sucks when they aren't!

I'll pray for you so you can sleep!