Here I am, jumping on the bandwagon. Thanks for the inspiration all (Leslie, Boo, Kristenita, et al).
First, there are fires burning all over California thanks to the Santa Ana winds. There is even one here in Irvine. We drove really close to it right as it started and it was crazy. It was like we were in a snowstorm because of the ash and even had to drive with our hazards on. Freaky. And the worst is that it was started intentionally by someone. STUPID. All homes and structures are OK for now, so I am grateful for our safety. We are cooped up in the house because it STINKS outside and the air quality is awful. Which I am sad about because I couldn't do my triathlon training this morning (swim and run). That is why I need a gym membership...
Last night, I went to a fireside for the youth. My bff (or at least I hope one day) Amber's husband spoke about agency vs addiction. It was so powerful and great. Eric's younger brother passed away in January at the age of 30 from a drug overdose. He started using when he was 15 and just fell hard and fast. The message was to ALWAYS always choose the right because you just never know what that temptation or evil holds for you. It might not be just one little sip or whatever.
I was really touched last night especially for the atonement and the effect it has had in my life and in the lives of those I love. It has bought peace and joy to my family and we are so lucky to be strong and faithful in the gospel. It is like the song from My Turn On Earth: I'm the one that writes my own story, I decide the person I'll be...and just in case I need to erase, it was figured out before.
Random post, eh? But just thinking and feeling grateful today.
4 comments:
BFF!?!?!?!?!?! I am so honored!
All day I have been feeling thankful. There is two ways to look at just about everything. You can be greatful for it, or you can resist it. There are lots of things we don't choose and therefore thats another comment, but for life and what we get, its all about attitude and perception. Even in the trenches, I look back and think, I made it, I am thankful. In the still hours of mothering, the laughter with a spouse etc. I am thankful. All because I do have hope, hope in the Savior. Thanks Rach, for being you really.
That song is my favorite too. Especially in my struggling years, I loved that song, and thought of it often, still do, and am grateful for it's simplicity and it's meaning.
Good time to practice with your 72-hour kits and junk.
I love it- thanks for the inspirtation.
Good job Rach! And Amber would be an awesome BFF. I love her and am so grateful that her Jackson and my Cameron are getting married one day since he WAS her first kiss-- on the preschool playground!
Post a Comment