04 August 2006

What a week!

Here is my cute, bestest husband ever. He came home Thursday and saved me! The house was a complete disaster (see below) and Mia was going stir crazy. He cleaned everything and took Mia took for some errands. What a guy!
Here's Mia in our camp Tuesday (her recovery day). We moved the Aero bed into the family room and watched some TV and sipped water. (Notice the all-important towel under her, poor sicky girl).


Wow. What a week! Started off fine and then Mia started throwing up at 11pm Monday night and continued to throw up all night long. I slept with her in her room on our Aero bed. What fun! She was better in the afternoon Tuesday, but then threw up once again at 10pm that night. Wednesday, she was 100% herself so we went to the weekly, ward BBQ. She didn't want to eat much all day, but had some watermelon at the BBQ. She then puked that up all over Ryan! We made a quick exit and returned home where I started to feel yucky...and then I threw, violently all night long. And then the throw downs started. Thursday was recovery day as my whole body was sooo achy and I didn't sleep cause Mia was not ready naps all day. Finally, I slept so great last night.

We were supposed to go to the OC to the Mormon night at the Angels game with Ryan's family (his sister is also in town with her family from St George), but they are worried about catching the bug. I was sad and disappointed, but we decided to make the most of Ryan getting home early today (12pm) and went to the Stoner Pool. It is apublic pool that is mostly shallow with a slide and other spraying toys. We loved it and Ryan even went down the slides with all the 7 year-olds. And now we are thinking about having some people over for dessert night.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

yucky stomach flu! so sorry you had to go through all of that! don't you hate when you're not wanted somewhere merely because you have yucky germs? :)

Jess said...

That stinks that you both ended up getting the stomach flu. No fun at all. I hope that you are all feeling better now!!

go boo boo said...

I am so sorry, I didn't know you were so sick. But I hope you recovered to have a good pre-birthday weekend! Love, Boo