I know, I know...I lag and I am sure by now, you have given up on me. I have a lot of great posts coming your way...but first things first.
The Church is true!! I know it and I feel each day as my Heavenly Father guides me, in the strangest ways...Here's why.
--My parents were here this week (miss them already!) Dad had a meeting early Friday in L.A., but my mom told him to hitch a ride with a business associate because she felt like she needed to hang with us a bit longer.
--I was supposed to go to Girls' Camp this week, but never felt quite right about it. I tried to go on Wednesday, but they didn't need me to drive anyone up and with gas at $4.50, I wasn't going to drive myself. Then I thought I'd head up Friday...
--Friday morning, I went running. I was out for a 45 minute run, but got to about 15 minutes out and decided I wasn't feeling it and would rather be at home hanging with my Mom before she left. As I got to the house, I saw our minivan pulling out of the garage with Ryan, Mom, and the girls loaded up...
I jumped in and found out that Isabel had fallen and hit her head on the tile step. Her little head was bleeding a lot and she had a deep cut. We took her straight to the ER at Hoag where she ended up with 4 stitches!! It was awful...she fell asleep right before the Dr came to do the stitching. Then, Ryan had to hold her legs down while I held her tummy and the nurse held her head. She was burritoed in a sheet and just screamed the whole time. She doesn't seemed too bothered by it now and has only pulled the bandaid off once. She was sick (puke and #3) today, but I think that is from the drugs.
The power of the Holy Ghost is real!! What if my mom was gone? She hung out with Mia and kept her calm at the hospital and helped us all recover. What if I had gone running? On the random, new route so Ryan wouldn't have been able to find me? What if I was at Girls' Camp?
Sorry no photo. I tried tonight, but the battery was got on the camera and I can't find the charger...or our iPod...Megan? (both missing since we got back from Utah. I have a lot to post about!)
7 comments:
I hope little Isabel is feeling better! That is so scary!
Isn't it amazing how the Spirit can help us in so many ways? I am so grateful for it, too. Who knows how many times the Spirit has guided when something bad hasn't happened, too. I'm looking forward to being able to understand all that the Lord has done for me on the other side of the veil, because I know here I can only comprehend a tiny part.
Love you!
Poor Isabel! But mostly poor you. I am sure it was more traumatic for you than it was for her!
Love the testimony. Great record of it (ala Pres. Eyring). Thanks for the great example always.
Aaah, here you are again almost 2 months later....I hope Isabel is OK. How scary. I hate thinking of her being held down while she got stitches. You are right about being in tune with the spirit, otherwise you would not have been there when all that happened. Good luck finding your ipod. Want me to make a surprise raid to recapture it this week when we are up there!?!!!?? :P
So sad for little Isabel!! We've missed your posts, but glad to know your alive and surviving! Gotta love how our crazy lives end up working out
poor little Isabel. I remember Rylee getting staples in her head. very traumatic (more for me). hope she is okay.
That is an awesome story to see how it all unfolded.
Glad that you are back in the blogging world. You have been missed.
Loves!
You are right about the Church being true, of course. Right as we were heading to the car, I said a little prayer that you would come home quickly. And of course, you did. Mia was a gem at the hospital, by the way.
Post a Comment