
Sounds like a recent post from Jessica, but I am stranded today. Ryan had an early morning interview and was going to come back and get us, but didn't have time. So here we are. No swimming or singing which is a bummer because we've missed it being in Utah. And it is such a beautiful day to be inside:( But since I am here, I will give the brief update of Utah...
Wed--We arrived late with my Mom and got our sweet rental car (Pontiac Vibe). Got to 1522 Stayner Dr and Mia was immediately obsessed with the big, blue doll in my parents' room. It took awhile to get her away from it and into bed.
Thurs--Went to the Bunches to see everyone and get some breakfast. Boo & Owen came over to play. Had to go through some stuff at 1522 before a trip to Target. Lost the car keys, but fortunately someone turned them in. Nice to be in Utah! Back to Megan's for dinner & Survivor & Olympics.
Fri--Errands and packing up a bit. Bunches for more food and fun. Went to dinner at crazy All-You-Can-Eat Pizza "warehouse."
Sat--All the family (except Gibbons) came to 1522 to go through books and claim furniture. Very fun times laughing at old pictures and journals with my sisters. Back to Bunches and then to Cameron's play practice. Very enterntaining! Dinner with Elaine and then back to 1522 for pictures of her trip to Rome & all the updates on life. Love having such a great friend! Come and see us soon or you are fired! (hopefully not for reals though:))
Sun--Church with the Bunches where I got to know the halls of their church very well. Megan taught RS and what I heard was excellent. Nap at 1522 and off to the Bunches again for LaLa's party! Loved being with everyone.
Mon--More packing and reading notes from friends in high school. Seriously, so funny and soo many memories now packed up neatly in 2 boxes. Went to SLC with Annette and boys to play and watch "Grey's." Walked to the park and then to Spag with the whole crew! It is was a loud and fun night at one of our favorite places. Back to 1522 with Mia to bed and me reading "The Undomestic Goddess" until way too late!!
Tues--Up and to the Bunches (seriously, send me a bill!!) for breakfast and good-byes. Morgan and Mia ended with a hug, although they spent most of the time together pushing and stealing toys (OK, so Mia did most of the pushing). Back to 1522 to pack and say good-bye to the house. Off to the airport in major wind and back to L.A.!
It was a great trip and the only sad part was saying Good-bye to 1522 Stayner Dr. We will miss you and all the memories from the past 10.5 years!
2 comments:
So glad that I'm not the only one stranded sometimes :)
Glad that you had a good trip! It sounds busy but fun! It is sad that 1522 Stayner Dr. doesn't belong to the Stayner family anymore.
I hope that you come to UT. again so that we can hang out! If I get the job with JetBlue I can come see you! That would be great.
Have a good one.
Love ya
rachel I'm glad you're back because I love reading your blogs - you are still hilarious! and I can't believe your parents wont be on stayner drive anymore - that was the coolest. I guess they'll just have to name another road in newport. sounds like you had a great trip!
Post a Comment