31 March 2008

We got your flippin' flag!

On one of Ryan's trip to a BYU football game, he bought a flag for the car. It was a present for Mia. And we have never used it on the car. Until last week. Boo and I thought it would be funny, so we put it on her window (it is one of those one's you roll up on your window). As we were driving on a BUSY street, we saw 2 bikers riding without helmets, so I told her to yell at them. I rolled down her window and she got out "WEAR HEL...." when the flag flew off the car. We were laughing so hard! I called Ryan to share our funny story and he said "I don't think that is funny. I am bummed. Can you go back and get it?"

One U-Turn later, tears from laughing so hard, and here are the pictures to prove WE GOT YOUR FLIPPIN FLAG!


Boo, waiting for a break in the 5pm rush-hour traffic.

Boo in the middle of the street picking up the flag

My camera is lame, but you can see my shadow running back with a few pieces of plastic that some car ran over.


And Miss Isabel playing with the flag after we rescued it.

The best part is that I know if I hadn't told Ryan anything, he would've never know it was missing.

9 comments:

Leslie said...

i can totally picture it. you guys are crazy. only you & annette would still yell at bike riders. need i mention the time i almost broke up with neal because you guys were so lame trying to get us killed by yelling at joggers in provo?

:)

go boo boo said...

that was fun. I am laughing so hard at leslie's comment, too true!

go boo boo said...

p.s. I highly recommend yelling at joggers at some time in your life, especially bikers on Bayside with bum crack.

Rachel said...

That one jogger at Chatamtowne was totally Nil's fault, just for the record:) That makes me want to die laughing!!

Tara said...

How about blasting them with an airhorn when you are driving off Balboa Island? We did that once, and the guy fell off his bike. Not wearing a helmet. Called us some choice names. Luckily, the light was green. And you are right, Ryan probably would never have noticed the flag was missing :P

Jess said...

okay that is funny! Sean totally would have made me go and get it too.

You guys are hilarious!

Amber said...

now that is something I am sad to have missed. next time, can I come? And I am so glad SOTW was such a neat experience!

The Childrens Nest said...

Oh Rachel!! I am laughing so hard right now because I could totally see my sister and I doing the same thing!! Peeing in our pants laughing so hard! LOVE YOUR BLOG! so glad I am in touch with all of you again!!' Love, Tiff

kristenita said...

that story was hilarious. I can just see it. so clearly, too!

but...

...hello? where are you!? RACHEL! WHERE ARE YOU?!?!